Disclaimer- to all of my readers. I am terrible at grammar. It has never been my strong point, so please don't hold it against me :)
Goals from August 8, 2011
- Updating this blog- I have started so many blogs, but I am going to keep up with this one, I promise!
I think I have done very well at this one! I am on blog post 18 (with this one) just since August!)- Finishing my book- I am finally in the last stages of it (I think)
I am bummed about this one. The company that I was working with decided to go a different route. So, this will be on the back burner until things change around.- Increasing technology in my classroom- I already have so many ideas on this! Be watching for more blogs over what I am going to do next.
This is a goal that I will continually work on. Our class has skyped 4 different times so far this year, updated our class blog, and are tweeting.
- Be Patient and know that it is going to be a Fantastic year!- I am pretty patient as it is, but this next year is going to be a very different year. With education budget cuts this means an increase in classroom size. I am going to have to be Uber creative, patient, and ready to ask for help. I was able to listen to Dr. Eric Jensen today and he said something very important- when I feel stressed- take action over, write it down for later, or drop it. I have really worked on that this summer, and I will keep working on it this next year!
This is another area that I will continually work on. I feel confident that I have done well in this area.
Goals for 2012
1. Balance my checkbook every night! Sounds easy enough.. right.. WRONG! I like the rest of America has a problem with spending. I have already told my husband that this is one of my goals. I hope that it will also help with our spending.
2. Have I mentioned that I love Pinterest. This year for Christmas I got a sewing machine. My husband has been so kind and purchased me so many cool things like a mandolin and a guitar. As I opened this gift he said "Andrea, don't let this sit and collect dust like the other things that I have given you." So, with the help of Pinterest and my awesome new sewing machine, I will be creating at least one thing a month! First up is an apron (material is in the dryer as we speak)
3. Of course I have a weight loss goal. I of course would like to drop a ton of weight. I really need to just actually get to the gym (which I love zumba) and STOP the fast food!
I am also going to have 1 goal a month. A goal that is easily attainable in that month (or at least I think will be attainable)
I have seen several blogs about having a zero spending month. Zero is pretty huge. I would love to say that I could do it.. but I know that I can't do that. At least not in January. Now, when I say zero spending that does not mean I won't pay my bills for a month. It does not mean that I will not fill my car up with gas. Zero spending means I will not spend any money on things that I don't need.
My Goal for January is to spend no more than $50.
What are your goals? Do you set your own resolutions?
Happy New Years!