Sunday, May 19, 2019

Teacher Appreciation 2019- Camp Lion

I can't believe that my first year as a middle school librarian is winding down (reflections blog coming up on my Bee In the Bookends Blog soon!)
One of my FAVORITE things to do.. is help plan Teacher Appreciation (okay.. I lie.. I LOVE celebrating people.. so I love that I get a chance to help celebrate teachers during the holiday season and different times throughout the year.. and ooohhh.. do I have some plans for celebrations next year!)
This year Teacher Appreciation theme was Camping.  On Friday this flier went in boxes and was also emailed out. The flier was created in Piktochart which is a program that I use almost weekly in various ways.  It is also a program that I pay for because I use it so much. I also used Canva to create the information about each day.
In order to make sure that the week went off without too much of a hitch, I worked with one of our assistant principals, our amazing Lamar PTA, our fantastic secretary Tina, and some outstanding parent volunteers.  Of course I got some great ideas and help from the Skurtcrew!

Enjoy the pictures of the week, I usually know what I am doing the next year and start planning.. but inspiration hasn't hit me yet! Elliott Elementary did an a really cool one that was Wizard of Oz theme (Elliott teachers are Oz-some)

Monday- Don't feed the bears, but PTA fed us some awesome griddle cakes.  I also created a photo booth




Tuesday- Trail mix bar- we put the items in cast iron (I would have gotten a picture of it full.. but I didn't make it in time.

Tuesday night I also hosted a volunteer appreciation event for our Girl Scout Service Unit. We moved it to a restaurant this year, and Angelo's in Irving did an AMAZING job! During the event we celebrated graduating seniors, girls that had earned their Gold Awards, volunteers that were recognized with various awards, and just celebrated volunteers overall.
Wednesday- We celebrated Nurses day with kits to help teachers be prepared.  These included a little note that I found at Tried and True blog.  The goody bag had highlighters, a sharpie, pens and some paperclips (our parent center volunteers put these baggies together and also made sure they got in boxes!).  During the staff meeting admin also gave ALL staff members personalized water bottles (thanks to Mari and Leslie for making sure those happened!)  Admin also wrote little notes on each table for the staff meeting and left lots of goodies for us to enjoy!





Thursday- We could use S'More teachers like you!  Although we talked about having an actual s'more station.. it was much easier to make little s'more kits.  It is also testing season, so putting items in boxes made sure that everyone had a chance to make their own.  We also had a teacher bring up some yummy breakfast foods to share with the staff.


Friday-Camp food! Our Admin team made sure the teachers had some great hot dogs with all the fixings! They also had some fun cupcakes (because we all know that teachers are pooped at this time of year) For drinks staff members were invited to use their new water bottles and create their own favorite sonic style drink (we had cherry, vanilla and some Sonic ice)  I was not able to be at school that day because I had the opportunity to watch the young woman who I used to be a nanny for graduate college!
 



I think overall it was a successful Teacher Appreciation week.  I look forward to celebrating teachers and staff even more this next year!

This summer I am doing a Digital Detox... my new blog will share my plans for this and also my word of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment