Wednesday, March 24, 2021

One Year

A year ago today- I took a picture of me in my pajamas with a cup of coffee and a sign that said the First Day of Distance Learning. 

My office set up has changed so much since this picture

It has been a HARD year for SO many reasons.  I know that we have lost so much in so many ways.  But, as I look back on this year- I have to think about the good that has come from it as well and the resilience that we have to make things happen.

So-enjoy a picture overload and a year full of memories and great things that happened!

There were lots of parades! We learned to celebrate in a different way. I went and cheered for every one of them that passed by.
I walked a LOT of miles (and lost weight in the process)

We learned how to make everyone in Bitmoji


We all enjoyed Tiger King!

We moved our Girl Scout meetings to online

Because we moved to virtual- it opened up so many more opportunities-
Such as meeting someone that works for NASA

I was able to be more involved with Girl Scouts- and even had a chance to give presentations and work with other leaders throughout the US.

I got to see ALL the panels for NTTBF

Collaborating on presentations and trying new things

Changing programming and how I meet our students and community.

We planted trees

The Brownies made donations to an animal shelter for a service project

We socially distanced decorated pumpkins



We won second place in the Irving Arts Center Christmas Tree Decorating competition

The Juniors completed their Bronze award by having a coat drive.



We got a new President on my birthday and I got to virtually make a flower arrangement during lunch

4 Destination ImagiNation teams headed to State!





We had a whole virtual campout and made lots of yummy food.


We picked up lots of trash and volunteered time with our city.

Celebrated these girls and all they accomplished remotely this year!
These Cadettes were awarded Youth Leadership Award through Keep Irving Beautiful and
Super Star Award through Irving Parks and Recreation





I know that I spent a ton of time looking at computer screens- but what happened during those moments were pretty amazing and have inspired me to continue to offer opportunities in different ways. I am SO proud of all the work that has happened this year even during a pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment