Monday, March 2, 2020

#50by50

So, I hit the BIG 4-0 January 20th.  It was a laid back low-key birthday. I did start out the day at Camp Gladiator and then learned how HOT hot yoga is! One of my favorite parts of the day, however, was heading to the park for a super fun photo shoot! Elaine got some SUPER fun photos!
In 2017, I gave myself a list of 40 things that I wanted to get done by the time I turned 40. You can find my whole list here.  Of course, I didn't finish the list.. 3 years is not very long.. and I have some lofty goals in there! Life happened.. money hardship happened... adulting happened.  What this did give me though, was a TON of fun adventures along the way!

Here is my list of 50 things I want to do by the time I am 50.  This gives me 10 years.. and these are not listed in any particular order (some are random.. some are weird...some of them might sound petty.. but if you don't speak it into the world sometimes it doesn't happen..all of them make happy!).  Not only that.. I know that I will have some other random adventures along the way (I mean.. I thrive on randomness!) But, it is good to have goals too.  There are so many websites out there that give you great idea for your own list. Some of the items on my #40by40 list have moved over to this one.. and some are completely new!

1. Book and pay for a vacation to Ireland
2. Take Mom to New York
3. Go on a cruise
4. Drive Route 66
5. Camp in a national park
6. Float the river
7. Go on a Segway or bike tour
8. See the Grand Canyon
9. Go Fishing with dad
10. Take Girl Scout Troop overseas
11. Go wine tasting in California
12. Attend a balloon festival
13. Go to New Orleans for the food
14. Indoor skydive
15. See a drive in movie
16. Recreate our first date
17. Have a Christmas in July
18. Take a photography class
19. Go to a horse race
20. Watch a meteor shower
21. Be an extra in a movie
22. Present at Texas Library Association Conference
23. Be recognized by the board
24. Grow vegetables
25. Cook a 3 course meal
26. Renew vows
27. Have family pictures taken
28. Recreate a childhood picture
29. Become a TALL Texan
30. Go ax throwing
31. Visit the missions in San Antonio
32. View the Marfa lights
33. Visit Shiner Texas
34. Publish a book
35. Write an article for a well known magazine
36. Meet Pam Munoz Ryan (and have an autograph and picture!)
37. Have 3 months of bills saved
38. Sew a full outfit
39. Zipline
40. Rock Climb
41. Attend a high school reunion
42. Learn how to hand letter
43. Meet someone famous
44. Get a DNA Test
45. Get a gold ticket for Destination ImagiNation
46. Attend a televised parade
47. Take the Amtrak train
48 Own my own car.
49. See a Broadway musical
50. Get new luggage

It is a big list full of random items.  I can't wait to check these off and add more along the way!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete