Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Lamar Would be a Circus Without our Teachers

I know I know.. Teacher Appreciation was the first of May, but guys- May was a doozy of a month! I LOVE helping plan for Teacher Appreciation.
Some previous Teacher Appreciation Blogs
*80s Theme
*Hollywood
*Around the World
*Camp
*Wizard of Oz (which was completely virtual)

This year with the help of April Richmond, Mary Anne Send and admin we used the Circus Theme (I finally watched the Greatest Showman and LOVED it!)

To prepare- I created my own little display in the library- My Mother In Law traveled with the Clyde Beatty Cole Brothers Circus (she is holding the snake in one of the pics.. and yes.. my husband also traveled with them when he was younger as well)



One of my FAVORITE things that admin did this year was personal shout outs.  They recorded a Flipgrid for each staff member with a short shout out of why/how they made a difference and then put that into a mixed tape. Each day during our DEN time they showed a video that had 10-20 staff mentioned on it for the whole school to see.

We used Canva to create daily reminders of what was going on.



Monday we created a concession stand and invited staff to come to grab sweet and salty treats.


Tuesday we had individual bags of popcorn with all the fixings (m&m's, seasoning) and sodas with add-ins such as cherry/vanilla and more. It was also May the 4th- so Star Wars Day




Wednesday The Ringmaster of Lamar (our admin) grilled and served hotdogs, brauts, and links.




Thursday we had Kona Ice visit- I LOVE a snowcone!





Friday we passed out Lamar umbrellas (which are huge!) to ALL of the staff.  We played circus music and hand-delivered over 100 umbrellas.


I can't wait to start working on next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment