Monday, July 15, 2024

Adventures in the Kitchen- “MEXICAN STREET CORN” SOUP

 I don't know about you- but my schedule gets super busy- and I HATE trying to figure out what to cook!

I also know that my budget and waistline prefer that I eat at home.  This year with my word Adventure- I am going to be documenting my Adventures in the Kitchen!

I loved Nicole Graham (amazing librarian.. and great ideas!) of doing Soup on Sunday.  Thanks to Pinterest I found some easy summer soups (well- they say easy)

Before I get too much farther in my first Souper Sunday- I wanted to share how I keep cooking and all the things organized. I do pay for the app Family Wall.  It works across platforms, I can access all my calendars, I can create lists, and there is a menu planner. Even better with the menu planner- I can put a link in and it will add it to my recipes.  After choosing a recipe for a day- I can also add items directly to my shopping list.  It is a win win! As you can see in the picture- on my menu planner page it also tells me what is happening that day.  I also work in the evenings- so this helps with my menu planning as well!



Many of my recipes will come from other areas- if you want the full recipe- click on the links.  I am going to give some of my changes below.

MEXICAN STREET CORN SOUP

RECIPE FOUND HERE----------->Striped Spatula


MY TAKE AND TIPS

When I found this recipe, my plan was just to use canned corn- but then after reading about it- I realized that I really needed corn on the cob.  Also- this recipe says it only takes 15 minutes to make- I know I am not the best in the kitchen- but that is a lie!

-I did go ahead and use corn off the cob
-I used the idea of using parmesan instead of the Cojita (I was going with what I already had on hand)
-I for the most part followed the recipe, but instead of continue to cook on the stove- I did move it over to a crockpot and kept it on warm

I will absolutely be doing this recipe again! I had very little leftovers.



No comments:

Post a Comment