-I had a chance to attend and present at the Region 10 ATPE Convention
-I had a chance to spend almost a week in Canyon with my family and Misty
-I was able to attend the State ATPE Summit where I won Support Staff of the Year!
-I spent 3 days with my amazing Podstock Family
-I was able to attend the Destination ImagiNation Ignite conference and met some awesome new people.
Since I have been a terrible blogger this summer.. I am going to give my fave 3 from each event!
Region 10 ATPE Convention:
1. Had a chance to hang out with some of the best people!
2. Learned about the changes that are happening in ATPE
3. Had a chance to present (and even did an okay job even though my computer crashed that morning!)
Canyon with Misty- I can't even begin to think of my top 3! If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you can find my hundreds of pictures there :)
ATPE Summit 2014
1. Had a chance to sit in and vote on what I wanted our ATPE lobbyist to work on this next year in the House of Delegates.
2. Was reminded again how important it is to be a part of an organization (and ATPE is AMAZING!)
3. Won Support Staff of the Year.. and had a chance to catch up with my best friend Lesley!
This year the theme for Podstock was Super Heroes. So, I transformed into the Busy Bee (are you surprised?) Podstock this yeas was very different for myself. I am a Podstock Stalker (I often call myself a Podstalker) It was amazing as always. For myself.. I felt a little out of place (NO.. this is not a bad thing what so ever!) There were so many amazing people there.. and they were all making their own amazing Podstock memories. It took me a long time to reflect on this. I read the Twitter feed, Facebook feed, and all the blog posts and realize that although it was different for me other newbie Podstockers were seeing the greatness of the connections!
1. LOVE seeing all my friends old and new.. I mean my FAMILY! Podstock is where I am rejuvenated!
2. Great extra events- I LOVED the Pinewood Derby (and of course I loved the Gift Exchange and Photowalk) and our new Scavenger Hunt!
3. Not going to lie.. my costume sort of rocked :)
Destination ImagiNation Ignite Conference
I have been a Destination ImagiNation Team Manager for 6 years now (at least.. I think 6) and this year I was able to attend a one day conference.
1. Able to connect with people from around the world! It was such a global conference!
2. Learned some new ideas to use this next year for our own DI teams at Elliott
3. Had a great evening with a new friend Peter
This summer I also had a chance to work for SMU at various technology camps. It was a busy summer (but I don't think I would know how to spend my time if I wasn't busy!)
What was your favorite part of your summer?