Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Extras of Podstock

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about the extras of Podstock, but wanted to take a moment to give a little more information. If you are attending Podstock and have ANY questions hit me up on the twitters @akbusybee or email me! Do you have to do these extras.. you sure don't, but they are fun! Even if you don't complete them.. you get to meet new people in the process!

Monday July 13h- #mcdt challenges will be released.  #mcdt- Make, Create, Do, Teach.  There will be 8 challenges.  Each challenge has a special hashtag.  Not on Twitter- not a big deal! You can post to Facebook, Google Plus, Instagram, Blogger, Youtube.  When you finish a challenge you just need to make sure to tag me in it.. or find me! I am flexible.  For each challenge completed you will get a gear for a steampunk style key chain. Complete all 8 challenges you will receive a special gear to add to your key chain.  Finish all 8 challenges you will also be entered into a drawing for a fun prize! IMPORTANT- #mcdt challenges MUST be finished by 9am on Friday!- Update- Release the Kraken- I mean.. #mcdt15 challenges

Thursday July 16th- NEW- Podstock Exploration
Podstock Exploration challenges will be released on Thursday morning.  These are for teams of 2 people to 6 people.  There are about 12 items to complete for the Podstock Exploration and teams will have until 10pm on Thursday to finish the challenges.  The team with the most points will win!

Thursday July 16th- Podstock Gift Exchange
All you need to bring is a gift that is $25 or less that represents you, your school, or your area.  It is highly encouraged that you actually make your item (you won't be kicked out if you buy it though too :)  This is one of my favorite parts, because it is so much fun to hear about all the different stories on why the items were chosen.  I am already working on mine!  If you join.. make sure that is an item that can travel back with someone that might be flying. This will take place after the last session on Thursday.  More information on exact location and time will be announced on Thursday.

Friday July 17th- Podstock Photowalk
The photowalk will take place on Friday July 17th. We will meet in the Old Town Hotel foyer at 7am.  Although this is early it is the PERFECT time to walk around and be a tourist.  Have you been a part of the photowalk before.. this year we are putting on an extra twist to those that attend!  I can't wait to use my new camera for this one.  It is a great way to be a tourist, meet new people and stretch your legs before the day of learning. Everyone is invited.  You don't need a fancy camera your phone will work!

I finished up my costume for the dance on Thursday.  I even created 2 shirts for during the conference itself.. and finished up my Steampunk top hat today! AND.. if you are interested in trying Jamberry I will have ALL of my stuff (plenty for you to try an accent nail or 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment