Wednesday, December 25, 2019

The Countdown to 40

Merry Christmas!
I am enjoying Christmas with a full belly and cheesy movies on TV, crocheting.. and also doing a little reflecting (tis the season for reflecting)

 January 1st, 2017 I decided there were 40 things I wanted to do by the time I was 40 (#40by40) I still have a little under a month, but I know that I am going to making another list! But, I wanted to update my journey so far. You can follow my journey from the beginning here.  I had some lofty goals.. but that were fairly attainable.  I already know how I am going to change up a few! I do know, however, that I have had so many great adventures with my wonderful husband, fabulous family, and amazing friends! I LOVE that I have had help in all sorts of different places!

*Side note! I am actually about to reach my goal in Good Reads for this year! My final book of the year.. Where the Crawdads Sing.. SO good!

The ones with * are ones that have been completed

Travel
1. Book and pay for a vacation to Ireland- moving this to my next list
2. Take mom to New York- moving to my next list
3. Take a trip to New Jersey- moving to my next list
4. Tour a vineyard- moving to my next list
5. Drive Route 66- moving to my next list
6. Camp in a National Park - moving to my next list (but will hopefully be doing soon with my troop!
*7. Go on a haunted tour- April 2017 in San Antonio on a knee scooter!
*8. Go to Canyon with Elaine- July 2017
9. Float the River- moving to my next list
10. Go Skiing- ? Still deciding if this is really something I want to do?
11. See the Grand Canyon- moving to my next list
*12. Go on a girls weekend- YES! I had an amazing time with the #skurtcrew Jan. 2019
13. Go fishing with my dad- moving to my next list
Adventure
14. Take a wine tasting class- moving to my next list
*15. Get 3 tattoos- I LOVE my 3 tattoos that I got!! My parents signature are 2 of them and then the other one is From Where the Wild Things Are to represent my husband
16. Indoor skydive- moving to my next list
17. Learn to drive a stickshift- Trying to decide if this one is really important??
Family
18. Renew our vows- moving to my next list- Want to do for my 15th anniversary which is June 17th, 2020
19. Have photos taken- Want to do this on our anniversary as well
20. Host a game night- This is coming up Jan. 3!!
Life Goals
*21. Learn to crochet- My Aunt Rebecca taught me some simple crocheting this summer when they were in town.. and this year I learned how to crochet coffee coozies (made about 25 of them) and I am currently working on a scarf!

*22. Attend a New Years Even party- I attended my first one last year!!
23. Write an article for Family Fun- I have tried SO hard to get in contact with someone at this magazine! I have written a couple of articles for the ATPE magazine, so I think I am going to change this up for the next list.
24. Write a poetry book- this one will be changing up a bit
*25. Learn to make moms biscuits- done (and I even made some for breakfast Christmas morning)
*26. learn to make dads gravy- done (they were So good this morning!)
27. learn to make William's Death by Chocolate Crepes-Might happen before my birthday!
*28. Learn to make bread from scratch- learned how to do that this summer (2019) will probably have to make it from a recipe again
29. Make a photo book of my photos- I think I might do this as a gift to myself! I have loved taking pictures!
30. Make a t-shirt blanket- this one might never happen.. I keep collecting.. and never making!
*31. Send birthday cards- I did SO much better at this and everything is in my calendar so I can keep working on it- so I consider a success (if you haven't got a card from me.. and I asked for your address.. don't judge me too much)
*32. learn to play a song on a guitar- changed this to Ukulele.. and I LOVE it!
Random
33. meet Bill Murray- changing this to be my FAVORITE author!!
34. Watch all the Liam Neeson movies-changing this up a bit
*35. Do 40 Random Acts of Kindness- I think I have done more than 40.. but a random act of kindness happens.. and you don't really post every where that you have done something.
36. Go to a drive in movie-moving this to my next list
37. Get new luggage-moving this to my next list
38. Watch a meteor shower-moving this to my next list (and will also require me to stay up after my bedtime :)
Financial
39. Be in a better place with credit- I think I will be working on this for the REST OF MY LIFE!
*40. Purchase a groupon and use it- SO.. I totally purchased a groupon.. and then didn't use it because I realized it was for a baby blanket and not a regular size one :)


So.. officially 13 out of the 40 completed and at least 2 more that are going to be completed before the 20th of January!

Because it is Christmas and I am TOTALLY in love with this pic.. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year to you and yours.


Are you a list maker?  Do you have any milestones coming up that you are planning for? Here's to LOTS of new adventures!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete