Sunday, July 16, 2023

My Top 5 Adventures of the Year

Summer is over in just a couple of weeks for me.. and I finally had a chance to slow down for a minute and reflect on what an AMAZING year July 2022-July 2023 was.
I do have to say.. me being the Busy Bee.. I was very much the busiest I have been in several years. I won't trade the memories for anything.. but I am excited about my word of the year- PAUSE!

Here are my favorite things of the year!

# 1- Traveling with my Girl Scout Troops


Last July Troop 1810 made a Road Trip to Canyon, Texas. 










In November Troop 6458 headed to New York. 












# 2- Becoming a TALL Texan

#29 on my #50by50 list was to become a TALL Texan.  The TALL Texan is a leadership institute for librarians.  Every year they only accept 30-32 librarians from all different backgrounds and all different areas of Texas.  Once accepted, I was able to attend an intensive leadership retreat where I learned from and with some of the best of the best.  I don't know if I will ever be able to fully put into words what this experience did for my confidence and leadership skills (and the friendships that I created!)

#3- Celebrating my Parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary.


What a privilege was to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary in November (also- if you are keeping track.. November was CRAZY busy! TALL Texan, New York, and celebrating an anniversary.. I got some miles in!) I am so lucky to have amazing parents that continue to teach me kindness and grit. (I mean- my parents are Mr. and Mrs. Claus!)

#4- Successful Season of Destination ImagiNation

The Flock made it to Globals!! Let me tell you about this team though. The Flock is actually 2 teams- The Nerdy Birdys (who were Seniors that I have been hanging out with since they were 3rd graders) and the PEEPS (who were Juniors and I have also been hanging out with since they were 3rd grade) Each team did their own challenge.. and then combined together to do a second challenge.  Their second challenge was a service learning project.  Another huge milestone in DI this year for me was starting a team at my new school- and they placed 2nd in their category.

#5- The Groundbreaking of the Kylie Hiner Memorial Playground


I know I have said it before- but I am SO lucky to know all of the amazing families that I know.  The Hiners hold a VERY special place in my heart.  You can read about my friend Kylie here  In October they had the groundbreaking for the Kylie Hiner Memorial Playground- which will be an adaptive playground.  I hear that it is super close to being ready- and I can't wait to see it in person.  Want to follow along- Check it out here



Honorable Mention- 
Doing a TikTok with Kelly Yang!! I was super lucky to be invited (thanks Amanda)



There were SO many more things that happened this year, it was hard to narrow it down to 5. I can't wait to see what adventures this year brings.. but I am also excited about taking some time to Pause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment