Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Odd Life Of Timothy Green- PCOS

No, I will not give any spoilers!  I have read many reviews that have many different takes on what kind of audience it is going to go for, or who will enjoy it, and so on.  Now, my blog is not usually for movie reviews.. but I wanted share a little more insight into my own life.

I LOVE Disney movies, and this one was no different.  I knew that I wanted to see it from the first commercial that I saw.  Not necessarily because it was Disney, but because of how the commercials portrayed Timothy coming about.

My husband and I have had a chance to do some amazing things since we have been married.  Between traveling, being active in our community, and so much more.. I know that I am lucky in what I have.  However, my husband and I have dreams of starting a family.  We have tried for 7 years, so this movie hit home in so many ways!  I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).  We have done infertility treatments and are now just in kind of a holding pattern as we figure out which way we are going next.  Yes, I realize that I can not grow a boy in my garden (and with the rain lately in our area.. it is not really possible anyway).  I loved how the movie portrayed the couple learning parenting techniques.  I also loved how it brought the related family aspect to it.  Facing our own path of how we are creating a family is always tough to talk about it.  I enjoyed the movie (yes, I cried in the first 5 minutes.. and I cried throughout the rest of the movie) and will be seeing it again.  Although I cried, it was more of an understanding of what the parents were going through and how I want to see my own child someday (whether they be adopted or my own)
I do know one thing though.. although I don't have kids of my own, I am still a teacher.  I have a chance every day to instill the values that I would want in my own family through the way that I behave and interact with my students.  Do I have a list of what values and virtues that I want my child to possess.. yes I do!
Thank you Disney for a Fantastic movie for all ages, but also one that spoke to me directly.  Timothy did remind me to believe in all things... and remind others to believe in themselves.  
If you check out the Odd Life of Timothy Green website, they are even giving back to the community! Speaks to my heart even more!

1 comment:

  1. We are struggling to get pregnant as well. I also have PCOS and like you, I cried within the first 5 minutes and then throughout the movie. It really hits home...but it's a great movie. I recommend it for anyone, especially couples who have PCOS or are suffering from infertility.

    ReplyDelete