Monday, October 22, 2012

Magnificent Monday- My Favorite App Right Now

If you follow along my twitter feed, facebook feed, or youtube videos.. you would probably know that my favorite app right now is iMovie!

At #edCampDallas I went to a great session led by Stuart Burt over iMovie.  Stuart did a great job of showing tricks and tips.

Then John Samuelson made that great trailer about #edCampDallas which you can find on my previous blog.

Okay, okay.. when I first got my iPad2... iMovie was one of the first things I downloaded.  Had I really used  the app up until October 1, 2012... no.. I hadn't.  Did I go to #edCampDallas and get a ton of great ideas.. why yes, yes I did.

I am not going to go into a how to blog, but I wanted to share how EASY it is to get going!  In our class I am an avid user of photostory and movie maker.  My students do a pretty good job of navigating the different programs to create different videos.  What is fantastic about iMovie is it both programs rolled into one!  In the past 3 weeks we have made 5 different movies.  What a great way for me to access my students learning in a different way, have a product that they can watch as an outcome, and something to show of to parents and the school.

Here is one we made today!
We have been discussing pumpkins.  Each student weighed their pumpkin using great science and math language of scale, pounds, and decomposing.  Each student then took a picture of their pumpkin and typed the patterned sentence into iMovie.  This took us about 30 minute all together and now they have a movie on their blog that they can go back and watch and I have a product that my students made!

Ways that I am already using iMovie:
-We have our own newscast on Friday afternoons.  We call it Channel 110 News
-We are using it to create paper slide videos

These are just what we have done in the past 3 weeks! You should check out our class blog for our movies and other fun things we have done!

Do you use iMovie?  What are some of the ways that you have used it?

No comments:

Post a Comment