Saturday, March 1, 2014

SXSWEdu- Beyond the Gameboard—Digital Gaming and the K-3 Classroom

I am SO stinking excited that I will have a chance to attend...and lead a Hands On Session!
Beyond the Gameboard- Digital Gaming int he K-3 Classroom

If you have been following my blog lately.. you will know that I am all about taking learning in a different way by creating Challenges or Missions.  I of course can't post my "Top Secret" Missions now, but I wanted to share where some of the ideas have come from!


I am LOVING the resources from Wesley Fryer at Mapping Media to the Common Core  I am also thankful to my EdTech Chat N' Chew Podcast group for letting me bounce hundreds of ideas of them!

After the Hands On session is completed I will post the 3 Missions that attendees had to complete and also the products that they created!  

But, I couldn't leave my blog over Digital Gaming without mentioning the AWESOMENESS of the BrainPOP Game Up Games!  The BrainPOP Game Up games are awesome... but have you checked out the ones for BrainPOPJr. What a great way to get kids critically thinking with games.. and collaborating to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment