Sunday, July 30, 2017

Beginning of the Year

I go back to school tomorrow!  One thing that I LOVE doing is putting treats in teachers boxes (Elliott peeps.. sorry that you now know what you are getting.. pretend to act surprised :) I do have something else up my sleeve though!)

This month I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  My amazing friend Elaine Plybon showed me all of her goodness... and I knew this was something that I would love! My word this year is Seek.  Part of my Seek is to Seek things that calm my brain and make me happy.  Crafting, upcycling, or creating makes my brain uber happy.  Yesterday I spent the morning making 150 bookmarks.

Now.. I did use Stampin' Up products, but I also used some Michaels items as well (I love that our local Michaels gives teacher discounts.. how can you go wrong with that!)  You can check out my Stampin' Up Website here.

I am going into my second year as a librarian..so what better goody to put in boxes than handmade bookmarks!  I am super addicted to globes, compasses, and maps right now.. I loved that the Going Far stamp set had the globe that I wanted (and with the word Explore!)
Finished Bookmark

all the materials

As, I said.. I did use some other materials than Stampin' Up, but OMG.. the Stampin' Up materials were AMAZING!  I loved how easy the stamp pads were to use along with the stamps themselves.

Quote Stamp from Michaels
Adhesive Rhinestones from Michaels 
Pacific Point stamp pad from Stampin' Up
Old Olive stamp pad from Stampin' Up
Daffodil Delight stamp pad from Stampin' Up
Going Far stamp set from Stampin' Up
Bookmarks from Michaels

I loved making them!  This summer has been one full of homework (only 2 more classes this fall semester and I graduate!), working on my 40x40 list and so much more.  Watch for blogs coming soon on 40x40 adventures!  What did you do this summer? What are your plans for the year?  

One of my other goals this year is to send birthday cards.  I can't WAIT to start making my own birthday cards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment