Monday, April 22, 2019

National Infertility Week- 2019- Perspective

I find it so interesting how my word of the year usually comes to me in April.  It is also the time where my current word shows how absolutely perfect it has been for the year.  Okay, I know that most people do their word of the year in January as a Hello New Year! I am a teacher.. so yes, I celebrate the New Year.. but I am also on school schedule so my years run different.

This week is National Infertility Week.  You can find information here. I have also blogged here, here, here, and here. The theme this year is #infertilityuncovered I went back and read my blogs, and found it so interesting how much my mindset has changed and how much I have grown. I also do not write these blogs for sympathy.. it is a way for me to share my own journey and share how I have uncovered infertility.   

My journey of infertility began in my late teens/early 20's I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) I have done the meds, the shots, the doctors visits and so much more. I still shed tears (I am thankfully human) but as I reflect this week on my own infertility journey Perspective is the perfect word and this quote fit it so well.

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda.

When we first started going through the journey of wanting to start a family, there were many times where I made myself miserable. I did that by comparing myself to my friends, I did that by giving myself symptoms that I thought were of my body doing what it needed to do, I did that by thinking I was less of a woman because I was not able to get pregnant.  Realistically, I still have some of these thoughts, but I have so many more times where I remind myself of all that I do have.

I make myself strong by reminding myself:
-I am married to a wonderful husband.. and our path is exactly where it should be.
-I am surrounded by amazing friends that continually lift me up
-I am surrounded by amazing people that allow me to work with their kids (whether that is through Girl Scouts, Destination ImagiNation, school activities)

This whole year, my perspective has changed when it comes to where I am in life. I know that I will probably never be a biological mother.  This does hurt my heart at time (remember.. I am human.. and mother's day does get tough!) But, as I look at my word for this year of Perspective, it reminds me to step back and remind myself what I do have. 

When I get caught up in the journey that I thought I was supposed to have- whether that be life, jobs, infertility.. I have reminded myself to take a step back and take a moment to look at various perspectives. 

To those that are on your own journey to begin a family- I wish you luck and love. I hope that your road leads you to where you need to be! To those that have families already- I am SO happy for you! To those that have traveled the infertility journey with loss- I LOVE you. To those that have a family that are not biologically yours- Congratulations! To those that are on the path that might not ever lead to a child of your own- I am here for you.  No matter which journey you might be on, or what mile you are on that road- the infertility one is full of bumps, turns.. and let's be real a few potholes that you might not have realized was there.

Although we are talking infertility this week, it is something that happens every day to so many people. This was a great article on Debunking the Top 3 Myths of Infertility. My perspective reminds me how lucky I am to have so many wonderful people in my circle of family and friends.

From my blog in 2016:
To those that might be on their own infertility journey, I wish you luck.. I wish you peace.. and I wish you LOTS of love! It is a tough journey, but then so is life. Good luck in whatever journey you might be on.

9 comments:

  1. I appreciate how you've shared your story and how your perspective has changed over time. A friend of mine went through her own challenging journey with infertility and was fortunate to adopt a few years ago; she now is a coach to "help infertility suck less." It's good to see this issue being talked about more openly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you feel because we experienced to be stress of having a kids. We've been married for 5 years and acupuncture in miami was recommended to us and after 8 months of regular sessions, we are parents and hoping to have a big family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to share my personal experience in this field. Some time ago I was ready to give everything for the opportunity to become a mother. Biologically I am now my baby mother. I have no eggs and due to cancer and I lost my uterus. I had no variants. Since I am from Hungary surrogacy is illegal here. We started looking for variants abroad, here a cost varies greatly. After reviewing a large number of clinics, we contacted native iyabasira native clinic They offered an ‘all inclusive’ package that we were very happy with, as we were only focused on winning. And it is much cheaper than somewhere else and we were surprised with conditions and attitude to us. After 1.5 years we became parents. And it is priceless. this is mother iya herbs works, email info (nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com) In such cases her herbs is a real solution to become a happy mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing with us. Your posts helps others in understanding everything...
    Best Infertility treatment in noida
    Best Fertility Centre in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really it is an amazing article I had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your.
    Best IVF Centre in noida with highest success rate
    Dedicated IVF Centre with Highest Success Rate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting pregnant is not as difficult as we all think, i wasnt able to have my own baby for over the years i was married, i got so depressed because i saw myself crashing everyday. i visited different doctors just known what the problem is and i got a result that i was having ovarian cysts and i will not be able to have a child again, it really got to me and i met a friend of mine whom i talked to about my problems and she introduced me to DR LEETU.
    I spoke with him and he encouraged me not to worry about anything that everything was gonna be fine , i doubted DR LEETU at first but i decided to go with what i beleieved. I got his product and he directed me on how to use it. Today i can categorically say that i am a happy mother of two children and i have a good family now . MY story is not just like any other story, i went through a lot of hell and DR LEETU made me smile again with his Herbs.
    I know there are a lot of women out there around the world seeking for solution to get pregnant and that is why i had to share this story of mine to you all. contact DR LEETU for your infertility issues or Fibroid cure on drleetu99@gmail.com or contact him via his business line on whatsApp +2348139747402, i hope this message gets to you all, Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbes I was able to get pregnant. i'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbes whose email address is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs i'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at Landofanswer@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but the cost is way too high, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Priest Babaka, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i use his herbal remedy/medication and i got pregnant. l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka









    I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but the cost is way too high, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Priest Babaka, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i use his herbal remedy/medication and i got pregnant. l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete