Sunday, June 16, 2019

A Summer full of Selfies!

My official digital detox was going to start today (you can find out about it here).. after I finished school, after I finished Camp Amiga, and after I finished our Camp Amiga Survivor party... BUT.. thank goodness I hadn't started it yet!

I am so glad that I still had social media on my phone, as it is what I used to connect to get our power back up and running.These first 16 days of June have been CRAZY!!!
June 1st- blow out of a tire while on the interstate which resulted in 4 new tires for the Bumblebee (yes, I am fine.. car is fine.. wallet is hurting a little)
If you are in the DFW area you know that the weather has been UBER crazy lately!
June 6th- Storm came through and our transformer blew.  Not only did it take out our power.. it created a small fire.  Yes, we are fine, but didn't have power until almost 3am that next morning.
June 9th- CRAZY weather came through.. took out our patio table.. BUT.. not our power.. until 3 hours after the storm. Same transformer blew again. 
June 11th- Power back on at 6pm- all food in fridge already dead
June 16th- Transformer blew again 3:30am and turned back on at 10:00.  Transformer blew again at 11:15.. back on at 2pm.  Another storm has blown through and another one is coming.  I am crossing my fingers that we are good at least for a few days!
I know that it could have been much worse, but that still doesn't mean it wasn't crazy at our house.

Summer Selfie

I am a member of this awesome Principal Group that talks about different ways to appreciate staff. I LOVE showing people that they are important.  Matthew Arend shared this AWESOME Summer Selfie Bingo card that he does with his staff. It is a great way to get to know the community and the staff.  You can check out his post here.

I talked with my principal and decided to do it as well for our school.  I created a Bingo board in Google docs, sent an email to staff and have been watching the Twitter feed. If you would like your own copy you can use this link- feel free to use my pictures (they are all emojis I found on website.. it is cited at the bottom)
Here is the email I sent to staff (I made sure to also include our new staff coming in)
Hello Fabulous Friends!
I hope that you are already having an AMAZING and much needed break! If you are not on break yet.. it is coming soon!

Welcome to the first annual #lamarsummerselfiebingo
Here is how it works:
Share how great your summer is using the #lamarsummerselfie bingo hashtag and the @Lamar_MS
Use the Google Doc linked her to access your own game board. (It should open up as a copy!) or use the picture that is attached.  I like to do some appsmsashing so I use picmonkey to add my pictures to my virtual bingo board.. but you can do that through Google too!
Get a Bingo (or two or three) check out our hashtag to see what everyone is up to! (there might be prizes involved.. but also the prize is getting to know our Lamar family even better!)
Don’t want to post on Twitter.. no worries (although we would love to see your adventures!) keep up with your BINGO board so we can share the love when we start school!
Have questions- send me an email!
Have a GREAT summer!! I am actually doing a digital detox this summer will have to do this while on my limited computer, but I can’t wait to like, retweet and share what is going on this summer.


I still plan to participate because I can access social media from my computer.. just taking it off my phone so I am not staring at it 23 hours a day. I have already loved retweeting and sharing what the Lamar Staff is doing.  

But, I am super excited about spending some quality time celebrating our anniversary tomorrow (June 17th), reading lots of books and creating.

See you guys officially at the end of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment