Thursday, July 4, 2019

I Am Back- Early

First of all- Happy Fourth of July!



Well.. I made it almost 3 weeks without social media on my phone.  I decided to do a #digitaldetox this summer (you can read about it here) My goal was to make it June 16th-July 28th.  In the digital detox my goal was not to not spend as much time on my phone and computer.  I deleted apps.. made it harder to get to social media and worked on digital detoxing.

So, a recap:
Why
-I needed a reset on how much time I was spending on social media- between posting and perusing.
How
-got organized online and in my house
-Decided that I really wanted to take a break at how much I am online
-Got all the materials I needed for Christmas in July

Did I fail?
So, as I write this, I sort of feel like I failed.. but then I have to remember I did this for myself to reset myself. Did I keep to my calendar? Nope.. I mean.. I made it about 3 weeks. BUT, during that time I realized how much I was spending on my devices, I have read 7 books, I have prepared all the materials I needed to do my ornaments for the year, have hung out with friends and enjoyed my pool and house.  SO, I don't consider this a fail.. I consider that my 3 weeks did exactly what I wanted!

My biggest realization- I REALLY like to take pictures.. and I REALLY like Instagram.  I enjoy Facebook too.. but not like Instagram.  I also realized that.. even without apps it is super easy to access these sites on a phone.

So, here's to continuing to be more realistic on how much time I spend online.. and being more aware of when/how long I do.  My #digitaldetox didn't last as long as I planned- but it did EXACTLY what I wanted it to do!

Next up- getting ready for an AWESOME year in Girl Scouts (we have a lock in coming up- Girl Scout Kick Off- and NASA!) and making myself a Priority this year

No comments:

Post a Comment