Sunday, July 7, 2019

Priority

I know that many of us make resolutions in January.. or we come up with one word in January.  Being a teacher, my years run a little different.. as in July-June.  Each year I choose a different word to focus on. My one word usually comes to me in April or May and it is always so appropriate.  My past words have been Strength, Seek, Perspective and several others. My word this year is Priority!

I think I do a pretty good job of taking care of my family and the people around me, but I sort of forget about myself.  I don't want to be selfish, but I also need to remember that I am important as well.  

I have a really great friend, Catalina, who told me about Camp Gladiator.  She said you just need to come out and try it.. I have a code for a free month.  I put it off for a week.. and then signed up just for the free month. When my month was about to end I didn't know if I should sign up or not. I was LOVING the community, how I felt afterwards, and just my sense of well-being.  Catalina reminded me that it was important to take care of myself emotionally and physically (hello word of the year Priority!)

Catalina at her check in 50 (well, actually 51)
This past weekend I checked in for my 25th time! It was by far one of the hardest workouts I had done.  I got a little overwhelmed.. and on the verge of tears a few times.. but I knew that I was making myself a priority so I finished it! It was helpful that I had some great workout partners that encouraged me and some amazing trainers that pushed me to not give up and try a little bit more.

I stole this picture from Big U. (CG has a workout at Toyota Music Factory on Saturdays) I am in the yellow
I can't wait to have LOTS more check-ins (I had 6 this last week).  Camp Gladiator has given me a chance to work out with some great trainers, hang out with some awesome friends, and push myself and make myself a priority.



When I choose a word I also make it my background picture on my phone and my background on my computer.
Phone screen

Computer Screen
Here is to a year of making myself a priority (and also reminding those important to me that they are a priority as well!) Do you have a word of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment