Friday, December 30, 2011

What a Year!

I can't believe that 2011 is ending!  What a year it has been!  


Decided I would do a quick recap of the year (with a few pictures thrown in!) 


I started the year off presenting at the TCEA 2011 conference.  Not only that, but I was honored as one of the 3 finalists for TCEA teacher of the year!


This last summer I had the opportunity to present at my first conferences where I was able to charge consultation fees!  Have I mentioned that I love presenting! I presented in Amarillo, Irving, Austin, and Houston all in a matter of 3 weeks!  I was even able to bring my husband along to the Austin event.  

William started a new job as Executive Chef at Woodhaven Country Club in Fort Worth in June.  It has kept him super busy!  They are filming the second season of Big Rich Texas at the Club, the next season should air in February.

In July I traveled to Kansas with my fabulous Sisterhood of the Traveling Macs to present at Podstock.  Not only is this the coolest conference ever, but there are also the coolest people that go to it!  This year the theme was 50's diner.  Thanks to my mom and a friend I had the coolest poodle skirt!  


f
Of course the costumes were awesome, but I also helped plan a flashmob.  

Why yes, the Podstock 2012 site is up. This year the theme is 80's yearbook.  I am already working on ideas for a flashmob!

In August, I moved schools and teaching positions.  You can read more about that here.  I have enjoyed my new position, new challenges, and new people.  That doesn't mean that I don't miss my other fantastic friends.  

In October I presented at the State Autism Conference in Houston.  What an awesome experience that was! 


I have been so privileged to be asked to present at these conferences.  I am thankful for a loving husband that supports me in all of my travels.  


Speaking of travels, in November my friend Misty and I went to Canyon to visit my family!  What an adventure that was!  We of course stopped and had TONS of adventures along the way.  


At the first of November, I also participated in my 4th Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure! I love Crewing. 
It has been a year of connections, friends, and family.  I look forward to what this next year will bring! I know that I will be traveling to Chicago in March to present at a conference.  I have also received information from Amarillo about presenting at their summer conference.  


I can't wait to see where my adventures lead next, what people I am able to meet and connect with, and of course meeting with all of my friends that are planted all over the US.  You know who you are!






No comments:

Post a Comment