Monday, January 14, 2013

Magnificent Monday- Lose It!

I must preface this blog with... I am very happy where I am and with the body that I have.  Now, would I like to lose some weight.. of course.  Would I like to eat healthier.. you bet.

So, the first of the year came around and everyone is making New Year Resolutions.  I am all about goals.  I teach special ed, I like data collection and tracking progress... so goals are my style.  My husband and I sat down and wrote goals for the year and near future.  They were ones over career and of course one of my own was over weight loss.  You can find our progress on my other blog Dreams and Adventures

There are things that I want to accomplish, and losing weight is a big factor in a couple of them.  January 1st I created a profile on Lose it! and downloaded the app.  January 2nd, I started logging my food intake and exercise.

Lose it! Is a Fantastic app!
-Easily track food
-Easily track exercise
-Set weight loss goals and it will tell you how many calories you can eat a day
-Love that if a food is not in the system you can take a picture of the barcode and it will find it for you
-it gives you a breakdown of daily nutrients
-you can find friends and help motivate them
-You can win badges as you log what you have done

On the website
-There are forums that you can join
-There are challenges that you can join
-There is also a premium (that I would like to eventually purchase because I LOVE it!)




So, here to new goals! This picture was taken this summer.  I am already down 7 pounds since the beginning of the year (January 2, 2013 is when I officially started!).  I have not given up the things that I enjoy eating, but I have worked on portions.  If I bite it, I write it!  I also do not eat after 8pm (and if you know me.. this is  hard thing to do!) Do you have an app that is helping you reach a goal?  

Thanks Lose It! for helping me reach some of my weight loss goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment