Monday, January 21, 2013

Movie Monday- Friday Journals

Every Friday we have journals and word work.  News 2 You is one of my FAVORITE materials in my classroom.  The news articles are great and the worksheets that go along with them are fantastic.  Each day we read our news and then do 1 or 2 worksheets that go along with it (we will do them together first as a group on the Smoothboard Interactive Whiteboard)

On Fridays my students do the word sort, labeling and vocabulary words.  I know that I have mentioned before.. but I have to say it again.. I have 2 AMAZING paraprofessionals who work with me! They make sure all of these little behind the scenes things happen.

Independent students- get the worksheets
Students that need a little bit of support- outline the areas that need to be cut
Students that need even more support- materials already cut out and in buckets



Have questions.. just email me!  Do you have weekly/daily journals?  Next blog is going to be Make it Monday (and Saturday I had a Pinterest birthday party! I can't wait to share what we did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment