Sunday, January 19, 2014

Movie Monday- Buffalo Bookstore

I am tying this weeks Movie Monday in with a the latest Tech Challenge. 

The Tech Challenge this last week- Use  Martin Luther King's famous line "I have a Dream," blog and tell us what inspires you in life.

In Canyon, Texas there is this great little bookstore.  I am partial to this bookstore because it is owned by my parents, but also because it is such a home for stories.  Not just stories in books, but stories in conversations. Find Buffalo Bookstore on Facebook and you will get a motivational/inspirational quote every day.  Although the store is a college textbook store they also promote local authors and artists and tout a large variety of used books.  


How does the Buffalo Bookstore fit into the Tech Challenge?  Because the owners of this store inspire me.  I know that every person has a reason that they love and cherish their parents, but mine are extremely special.


I was raised in a small town and because of my parents I have the best values.  They taught me to dream big and work hard.  They taught me that each person has a story that needs to be shared.  They taught me to believe (I mean.. how can you not believe when you see my parents!)  I would not have been able to accomplish half of what I have without the support, love and determination of my parents.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
The owners of Buffalo Bookstore opens its arms to every person that walks through the door.  I am so thankful to have been raised by such amazing people.  I am continually inspired by their heart for all that enter their store.  If you have a moment stop by the Buffalo Bookstore and share your story.


No comments:

Post a Comment