Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday March 20th, 2020

This is the last Friday of our Spring Break.  We have off Monday as well, but official distant learning will be happening on Tuesday.  I moved SUPER slow today.  I got half of the kitchen done, a little bit of laundry and then watched a whole lot of Tik Tok.  I did set my alarm this morning to send the hubby off to work!

I watch the news.. I know how scary it is outside the house where I can't control things.  However, we are in a situation where my husband needs to work.. not just for a little bit of financial stability (which we DESPERATELY need) but for himself too.  I know how I already feel day 7 of not leaving my house.  Sent him off to work with VERY strict instructions on what to do.. and then what would happen when he came home :)

Before I go any farther- HUGE shout out to ALL of the medical field, first responders, store workers, and restaurant/food places! You guys all deserve a medal!

I do have to admit, this might be my favorite Tik Tok I have made so far









Hubby got home, we followed protocol (thank goodness that in the past I had bought Lysol almost every month) talked about bills.  If you are in a spot where you are saving, already live on one income, manage your money better than we do... awesome!! About 4 years ago I finally started putting money in a 403B. It isn't a ton.. but at least it it is there.  But, that doesn't mean that we don't live paycheck to paycheck. We do pretty good about not living too much beyond our means.. but man, when you go to one income it gets hard and there is struggle.  My husband is a Chef- and these are very uncertain times.  So.. when we talk bills, we talk about what we are going to pay right away (I only get paid once a month) and who we were going to call to get extensions.  But, when he got home, we were able to talk about  bills this with a little room to breath because we knew that we were not going to be single income.

About 3 hours after he left work.. he got the phone call that the building he had just started working in was closing due to COVID-19.  His job that he had just started.. completed his first day today.. was no longer there right now.  The company is taking good care of its employees.. so he has been furloughed.  Silver lining- he has a job ready when this all passes.

As always- I do not write any of these for pity.  I know that we make our own choices for what we spend money on and how we spend money.  Sometimes we are smart.. sometimes even being smart it doesn't always work out. I also write this to remind myself of the hard things we are going through and how much better we are going to come out on the other side (and cleaner too!!) When we went to one income we started loosely following Jordan Page- check her out! She also has some great shelf cooking ideas.  I also know I am VERY lucky with all that I have- I do not take that for granted.

Happy Heart for Today
-Fun Tik Toks
-text messaging
-A roof over my head and a fridge full of food
-Talking about ideas for activities for the Girl Scout virtually
-The reminder that there are SO many awesome things happening right now.
Also- have I mentioned how much I loved Frozen 2?
-Work on a presentation with one of my awesome librarian friends



https://wdasgifs.tumblr.com/post/190983947396/disneyfilms-you-okay-there-olaf

My plans for this weekend
-Finishing cleaning the house and make myself a spot in my office for actual work
-update my Google Keep
-planning a BINGO challenge for school
-working on the latest Installment
-plan those virtual activities for my Girl Scout troop
-Hopefully mow my lawn soon! It looks TERRIBLE.. but at least we have gotten a ton of rain!
-Finish up my YouTube videos for Girl Scouts
-clean out my car (which I haven't touched since last Friday)

I hope that whatever troubles that you might be going through- you find those silver linings.  Although it is super tough right now for many, I can't wait to see what the world looks like on the other side of this COVID-19.  I am sort of ready for it to already be the other side.  I also hope that you give yourself grace.. and remember it is okay to be upset, but it is also okay to talk through it... take a deep breath.. and decide what you can control.  I see you and I can honestly say I understand! These are uncertain times for so many people.. but we got this with love, compassion, understanding and grace.

One last thought.. I consider myself an Introvert/Extrovert. I put on a very extrovert face most of the time.. but spend my lunches and evenings "recharging" my introvert self. I can say.. I am recharged.. and ready to go actually see people. We got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment