Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday March 16th, 2020

Oh my goodness.. guys.. today I actually got up and got dressed!  I also had a small panic attack as I had to have a conversation with my landlord... sometimes I adult really well.. and sometimes I SUCK at adulting!  We are not super frivolous spenders.. and we have done pretty good at trimming some things down, but when living on one income it gets a little hard.  With all the news that has come out today, please send good thoughts that something comes through financially.. we could really use a small break (as probably most of the economy)

The day started with the news information that STAAR is cancelled for this year- this is a BIG deal.

Here are the happy heart things from today:
-Did I mention that I actually got dressed... and have eaten 3 meals today!  Getting back on a schedule :)
-Made a couple of TikToks- if you are on TikTok- you can find me at @akbusybee (great cardio!)
-Chatted with some friends via Marco Polo, Glide and Messenger
-Took some deep breathes and reminded myself that we are ALL in this together (hmm.. next TikTok dance?)

We just finished watching the news.. and although it stressed me out more, I know that there are SO many people that are in the same situation that we are.  I feel for the places that are now even impacted more with the required closures.







We live in such a time where we are able to get whatever we want whenever we want and this change in what we can do is going to be hard for many.  It is an important mindset change and to take this very seriously. 

My heart and understanding goes out to:
-The businesses that are now facing some very hard decisions
-Parents that are trying to navigate a new norm of online learning and still take care of the house as well
-People that just got married or getting married
-Seniors that are supposed to graduate this year
-ALL people in leadership positions.  NONE of this is easy.  NONE of the decisions are easy.
-Those that are already financially struggling and now have to make even harder choices.

As I have mentioned before.. I am a lister.  I haven't pulled out my planner, because it gives me anxiety thinking about how unsure I am of the future. Listing, however, gives me a chance to put to paper what I really want to get done.

My List for tomorrow:
-Call a couple of our bills (these are NOT fun phone calls.. but with the way things are right now- it is the hardest part of my adulting right now)
-Guest Bedroom/Guest Bathroom/Laundry room
-TikTok- maybe another dance- but I also want to do a Library one
-Clean out my overflowing email boxes
-Marco Polo/Glide my friends
-Virtual CG!
-Think about how to help my Girl Scouts

Although our school is closed until April 6th as of right now, we are still in very uncertain waters.  What this will look like for the rest of the year and what it will look like for next year.

These blogs are a reminder for me of all the craziness that is in our world right now and the uncertainty that we are living through.  We can get through hard things, and I know I will look back on these and know that we made it through this hard time too.


No comments:

Post a Comment