Sunday, June 24, 2012

ISTE 2012 The Beginning

The time on my watch says 1am, no wonder I am so tired :) However, I am not on Texas time anymore, I am on San Diego, California time!

I have been offered the coolest opportunity ever! I have the chance to attend ISTE 2012! What is ISTE you ask? ISTE is International Society for Technology in Education.. in other words it is a GIANT tech conference!

I read up on all of the newbie blogs on how to prepare... and yep.. I still wasn't prepared!

Things That I did do (now, remember.. I have only been here for about 6 hours now)
-introduced myself to some awesome people (however.. they might have thought I was slightly crazy.. the excitement of ISTE has me a little overwhelmed.. I promise I will be much more calm tomorrow)
-packed comfortable shoes! Only been here a few hours, but already have done some major walking..

That is pretty much where my list ends for now. I am scouring over the ISTE giant binder right now trying to figure out what my game plan will be for tomorrow. On the way home from dinner I did stop and get me a 6 pack of bottled water, granola bars, and breakfast food (this way I will be much more pleasant!)

I look forward to learning tons and meeting a ton of cool people! I wish I had understood better about bringing address labels for the doorprize drawings, it is going to take me FOREVER to get those all filled out. I will try to post pictures along the way, but doing this ISTE completely mobile.

Things I am looking forward to:
-meeting other educators and having some great conversations.
-seeing some of my awesome friends again!
-taking lots of pictures
-The Follett Great Thinkers meet up is going to be awesome!

So.. for now, I guess I had better sign off and pretend to get some sleep. Looking forward to lots of learning. Be sure to check out the twitter feed #ISTE12

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Andrea. One of my dreams is to attend ISTE. I'm hoping next year maybe I can join you there. I'll remember your advice about address labels. :)

    ReplyDelete