Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bandana Dress

Today is day 18 of my own #summerofcreating challenges. Not only that..but my amazing friend Todd Nesloney asked me to do a challenge for his awesome #EduLS series I had to challenge others to share their creating. You can check it out here!

Yesterday for my day 17 I made a bandana dress...so today I wanted to share how I made it.

I have really tried to make my #summerofcreating items be things that I could use or gift to a friend.. so this dress is my second prototype for some cutie twins that I will be making Julu 4th ones for! The first one I made.. I tried to just use one bandana.. it would be a Pinterest fail in size!

Materials:
-2 bandanas
-sewing machine (but.. this could easily be done with just a needle and thread
-ribbon (for my July 4th ones... I will be adding a white bandana to the bottom for some ruffle

Directions:
-fold over one edge of each bandana about 1 or 2 inches (depends on the thickness of your ribbon) and sew across. This will be where you thread your ribbon.
-pin your two bandanas together with the seam from the ribbon edge facing out (this way once you have sewn together you can flip it inside out and all seams are on the inside)
-sew up the two sides of the pinned bandanas leaving about a 2 to 3 inch space between the ribbon edge and the edge of the side seam (this will be for the arm holes)
-once sides are sewn flip bandanas out. Cut 2 pieces of ribbon and thread through the top. The ribbons can now be tied into bows.
-you can also use the ribbon to edge the bottom of the dress.

There are lots of Pinterest ideas out there.. and I already have plans to extend on this one! Super easy and super cute.. and the price is fantastic as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment