Sunday, June 21, 2015

Fiesta Chicken

When I shared about my #summerofcreating with my Academic Liason  (Vanesa Asbun) she shared one her go to recipes. I knew that I wanted to try it.

Ingredients for the Fiesta Chicken:
-2 boneless chicken breasts
-a can of corn
-a can of black beans
-a can of rotel
-package of chicken taco seasoning

Directions:
-heat oven to 350
-coat the chicken breast with the chicken taco seasoning
-combine cans of beans, corn and rotel in a 9x13 casserole pan (I mixed them up a bit)
-put the coated chicken breast in the casserole pan
-bake at 350 for an hour to an hour and thirty minutes- use a thermometer to make sure it is done (I had mine bake for an hour and thirty minutes.. and it was a little dry..nothing life changing but I could have removed it earlier)

There are lots of ways you can eat this. I chose this evening to have it as chicken soft tacos. I made the pico de gallo myself too- you can find the recipe for that here On that recipe I added a bit more lime juice and only used one jalapeño. Not going to lie.. pretty yummy meal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment